Ad Code

How can I differentiate a photography club from an art club?

I am eager to make a photography club at my school however are school is really picky about starting clubs. If i go to them I know they we already state that we have a n art club so I should join that club. However the art club deals with more paintings and drawings rather than photography and film.

How can I differentiate the two when going to administration?

I've been thinking about your question and here's my take on it. Photography is a type of art, however, photography also has a close relationship with science. Specifically light and optics. If you can't convince them that photography isn't distinguished enough from art, perhaps you could convince them that photography is science. Here are some differences between art and photography that may help you. Photography is science based (light and optics). Art is different. Not knowing the chemical composition of your paint won't prohibit you from making a great painting. Art is subjective while photography is (at least partially) objective. What I mean by this is that there are rules and guidelines (i.e. rule of thirds) about photography that make photos not just a matter of opinion. Photos can be technically correct or incorrect. That's all I've got. I really hope you are successful in starting your club. Good Luck!

Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments