Ad Code

Photography as a career. help please.?

I know I want to do photography but I am unsure what. I was thinking a photography teacher at a high school level and a photographer on the side. But I’m afraid that I wouldn’t be able to find a job.
What are some other jobs that involve photography?
Like photojournalism. What is that? What type of degree do I need.
Pleaseee help me.

I wouldn't recommend being a photography teacher at a high school level unless it's at a specialized arts high school. Most photography classes in high school are taught by teachers who pretty much teach all the other art or tech. classes. Photojournalism is news photography, whether or not for primarily pictorial media, publications, or stories (dictionary.com). There are various degrees you can get, like a Bachelors of Fine Arts. It also depends on which college you go to and what they offer for programs because some schools do have a photojournalism program. There are tons of jobs that involve photography. You could work at a photo studio (i.e. Sears or ProEx), you could be a wedding photographer, work for a magazine doing stuff in studio like product shots, you could also just freelance and shoot whatever your client wants. I recommend doing a lot of research to make sure you want to be a photographer because it can get very expensive.

There are the traditional photography jobs, Portrait and Wedding. There is also Sports photography. A new field is forensic photography ( photographing crime scenes). Most community college offer a two year degree or a photography certificate. You can also get a more advanced degree in a arts college. Requirements for a job differ. Some want a applicant with a 4 year degree, but even with a degree you will need a portfolio and usually some past experience.

Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments